Are you looking for a job that’s different, a job that takes you out of the office and in to the heart of the community? Do you have a passion for the Bay of Colwyn?
We have the perfect job for someone with exceptional customer service skills who wants to make a difference and play and active part in boosting business across the Colwyn area.
As a Bay of Colwyn Ambassador you will be giving local businesses a voice and making sure visitors and shoppers have the best possible experience.
In the Bay of Colwyn Ambassador role, you will be:
- Patrolling the Business Improvement District (BID) area daily
- Visiting a minimum of 10 businesses daily in the 4 communities within the BID boundary (on rotation)
- Providing a helpful, welcoming and informative point of contact for visitors and shoppers
- Liaise with business owners to ensure the Business Improvement District operates effectively and that any operational issues are resolved quickly
- Recording business interactions and reporting back to the BID officers
- Maintaining the BID members database
- Maintain a link with police, PCSO’s and CCTV operators – reporting antisocial behaviour and potential criminal activity
- Supporting and promoting participation in BID events, networking and promotions
- Provide monthly maintenance checks to Public Access Defibrillators installed by Colwyn BID
- Distributing Bid literature (Newsletter/Ballot Papers/Surveys/Event Leaflets etc)
- Provide administrative cover in the Colwyn BID office when required
We are looking for people with personality, a love of customer service and a willingness to learn new skills. Languages are a bonus; Welsh is particularly desirable but not essential.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good administration skills
- Ability to quickly and accurately maintain data/records of businesses on a mobile device
- Knowledge of the Bay of Colwyn area
- Demonstrate integrity and commitment to the aims and value of Colwyn BID
- Highly competent communicator with demonstrated experience of working in customer relations
- Ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a team
- Competent in conflict management
Please note this job is predominantly based outdoors and requires a certain degree of physical fitness. One minute you could be giving directions to a lost tourist and the next you could be talking to a local business owner about an environmental issue!
2 full time roles are available however part time applications will be considered as a job share. 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday with occasional weekends/evenings and bank holidays.
- Full-time, (Part-time Job Share Considered)
- UK driving (Required)
- Minimum 2 Years Customer Service: (Required)